Hello,

It just now occurs to me that Christian's unmanaged networks
presentiation during v6ops yesterday did not mention ISATAP
as one of the automatic tunneling alternatives, and I wonder
why this is so.

I have not studied this space, but it occurs to me that ISATAP
could be tried as a first alternative to check whether the two
hosts are separated by a NAT. If there is no intervening NAT,
it seems to me that ISATAP would provide the benefit of not
needing the UDP header and "bubble" packets, yielding
greater efficiency. Otherwise, if blocked by a NAT the
initiating host coud after a short timeout try again with
Teredo.

I know that ISATAP has been seen as in the Enterprise
space, but I see potential applicability here for the
unmanaged. Comments?

Fred Templin