In a message posted on November 10, Bob Hinden expressed his wish that
these addresses not become known as Hinden/Haberman addresses.  The
first alternative that sprang to my mind was Bob/Brian addresses, but
perhaps he would find that equally distasteful.

It seems to me we need a new word, devoid of previous baggage, to
denote these new style addresses.  And so I have coined a new word,
specifically intended to describe the addresses in this draft:

scolliate

I would have sworn that this word doesn't exist, but I plugged it
into Google, and it found (with the assistance of the Logos Universal
Conjugator) that it is an Italian word, meaning "you unglue."  After
a few moments' reflection, I thought this might be considered
appropriate, considering how unglued people have become over site-
local addresses.

How I actually coined this word is left as an exercise for the reader.
Contact me off-list if you need details.  Meanwhile, I look forward to
the term "scolliate addresses" taking the IP version 6 world by storm.

-- George Mitchell ([EMAIL PROTECTED])