RFC 2460 provides this note in the terminology section:

Note: it is possible, though unusual, for a device with multiple
   interfaces to be configured to forward non-self-destined packets
   arriving from some set (fewer than all) of its interfaces, and to
   discard non-self-destined packets arriving from its other interfaces.
   Such a device must obey the protocol requirements for routers when
   receiving packets from, and interacting with neighbors over, the
   former (forwarding) interfaces.  It must obey the protocol
   requirements for hosts when receiving packets from, and interacting
   with neighbors over, the latter (non-forwarding) interfaces.

I believe this covers this scenarios described below.  Organizations have
already started to define v6 requirements based on this note using host on 1
interface / router on another interface model.  It would be nice to have
specific terminology definitions for this configuration but changes would
need to be made to 2460 as well.

Brian Russell
Systems Engineer
Booz Allen Hamilton