(Sorry, there seems to have been a problem
with my previous post).

Hi Jari,

----- Original Message -----
From: Jari Arkko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, February 8, 2004 3:44 am
Subject: Re: [rfc2462bis issue 274] conflict between MLD and NS delay

> Gregory Daley wrote:
> > Hi Jari,

If people think it is appropriate to update 2462 with the
address config related MLD procedures, that seems fine to me.

Taking text from Jinmei san's proposal:

"...

It should be noted that the Neighbor Solicitation is usually not the
first message. As stated above, the sending node must join the
solicited-node multicast address prior to sending the Neighbor
Solicitation and an MLD report message [9] for the multicast address
should have been sent at that time.
RFC 2710 [9] does not request a random delay when sending
an initial group report for solicited nodes' addresses.
Even if this is the case, a node SHOULD delay
(as described above) before initial transmission of the
MLD report when joining the solicited nodes'
address, if this is the first transmission on a link.
In this case, an NS for the purposes of DAD which is subsequently
transmitted doesn't require additional delays, since it will not
be synchronized with other nodes configuring on the link.

In some cases it is possible for a node to start listening to the
group during the delay period before MLD report transmission,
although in some link-layer environments no multicast reception
will be available until the report is sent.

..."

Greg