Hi Jinmei,
        Don't if it is concrete or not but Section 4.2.4 of RFC2026 states

   Note: Standards track specifications normally must not depend on
   other standards track specifications which are at a lower maturity
   level or on non standards track specifications other than referenced
   specifications from other standards bodies.  (See Section 7.)

Since PS is lower than DS on the maturity level, a DS spec cannot have a
normative reference to a PS spec.

Regards
Suresh

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, JINMEI Tatuya / [ISO-2022-JP] [EMAIL PROTECTED]@C#:H wrote:

>> Jinmei - I mistyped and you guessed what I had intended to ask.  Good catch
>> and thanks for the clarification.
>
>> Can anyone supply a direct reference to an explicit statement that "a DS
>> spec cannot have a normative reference to a PS spec."?
>
>I've not seen any responses yet...I guess we could deal with the
>original issue with leaving this open, but it's still very helpful to
>clarify this point to make a realistic decision.
>
>If no one can give a concrete pointer, I'll assume "a DS spec cannot
>have a normative reference to a PS spec" for safety.
>
>                                       JINMEI, Tatuya
>                                       Communication Platform Lab.
>                                       Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
>                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe
this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to
this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption,
unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on
the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment,
tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.