From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 12:26 PM
To: Soliman Hesham
Cc: Subramonia Pillai - CTD, Chennai; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: RFC 2461 : Neighbor Discovery

>> From router point of view, global address can be get from
>> Configuration. So
>> I am still thinking, for router case do we need ND?

> => Do you think hosts connected to your router
> will need the information I mentioned in the last
> email? If yes, they will send RSs.

> I don't know what you're using the router for but
> I don't know of any case where I can categorically
> say don't implement RFC 2461. I think that it's
> basically always needed. If for nothing else, a host
> might want to use NUD for reachability confirmation.

I think the original question is rather vague:

> My doubt is "Should I run ND on PPP links in addition?"  Can any one
please
> tell me with the reason?

about which part of ND the question is asking (RFC2461 or RFC2462,
which part of each spec, etc).

Additionally, from the latter part of this thread, there seems to be
another confusion on whether we are only concentrating on routers,
only on hosts, or on both.

For further constructive discussion, these points should be clarified
in the first place, IMO.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.