Actually there is an operational simplicity case to be made for hosts doing
PD. In the scenario where the ISP wants to provide a 1:1 mapping between
customer & prefix, but the customer hasn't acquired a router yet. This can
be done with discrete RAs when customers are on independent interfaces, but
on shared media (HFC) there would need to be a hack to RAs to unicast them,
or host based PD.

Tony