>> What do others think?  Is there any other opinions?

> It depends where the state is :)

Of course, but the important point is to avoid the possible confusion
that comes from the following facts:

- RFC2462 calls the protocol for the O flag "stateful"
- RFC3736, which we are primarily considering as the protocol for the
  O flag, contains "Stateless" in its title

In this sense,

> For example, there is a proposal to have lifetime information for the other
> configuration (non address) data.
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-venaas-dhc-lifetime-01.txt

the existence of the lifetime option does not affect anything about
the discussion, IMO.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.