Hi Tim,

> This reminds me, I don't think the IPv6 nodes requirements draft has yet
> gone final, since draft-ietf-ipv6-node-requirements-08 still exists on the
> IETF I-D area.

Just updated it to clear current DISCUSSes.

> Should we not update this before it goes final with the wording that has
> been agreed for the M and O flags, and also to clarify the assertion below,
> that RAs are the way to get default router and onlink prefix information?
>
> It would be a shame to not convey this consensus in the nodes document.
> In the draft, that's at least section 4.5.2 and 4.5.5 that probably need a
> tweak.

Take a look at the current draft, a copy can be found here:
http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sua/draft-ietf-ipv6-node-requirements-09.txt

and let me know what you think should be modified.  Please note that
the idea was that this document should not update any existing RFCs,
so we cannot prescribe new behavior.

thanks,
John