> It seems to me that this specification allows (e.g.,) the prefix
> "::/0" to update the lifetimes all existing addresses (which may even
> include link-local addresses), since ::/0 matches any addresses.
>
> Is this the intended behavior? I believe not, and if not, shouldn't
> the specification be clearer to avoid this case? I believe it should.

I don't think this was the intent, thus it makes sense to clarify the
specification.

My take in this is that there is basically two levels:
1. Maintaining the set of addrconf prefixes based on what is received
   in router advertisements and timeouts.
2. Configure addresses from those prefixes (which have a lifetime based
   on the lifetime of the underlying prefix).
I don't know if it makes sense to structure the text that way.

BTW: Is there a separate issue about the interaction of the lifetime
in the advertised prefixes and addresses that are not configured
using stateless? (For instance, would these lifetimes affect
the addresses configured manually or with DHCP?)
The resultion of such an issue will affect this text as well.

> e) If the prefix advertised does not match the prefix of an address
>    already in the list, make a new address from the prefix
> f) If the prefix advertised does match the prefix of an address
>    already in the list, update the lifetimes of the address

I still think this is underspecified since you haven't defined
what "match the prefix" means. You'd need to state that two prefixes
match when the length of the prefixes is identical and the "length"
first bits are identical.
Otherwise folks might read this the same as "prefix advertised
matches an address"

  Erik