Dan Lanciani wrote:
|        It may be that this issue of assignments performed in perpetuity
|        vs fixed period renewable assignments should be a matter of
|        choice by the client as the time of assignment, and that charge
|        applicable to this service reflect the different cost structure
|        of secure maintenance of assignment records for a fixed period vs
|        costs for this record maintenance to be undertaken in perpetuity.

This would appear to be a serious change in the nature of the addresses
contemplated by the draft.  I think we need to discuss how to implement
the addresses as specified, not how to make them more like existing rental
space.  I also suggest that these types of concerns (which are inevitable
if the existing RIRs handle the allocations) are a strong reason to consider
using a separate allocation authority.

We should hold the line on perpetuity. These things are cheap and plentiful, so I just don't see any of the arguments against perpetuity as valid.

   Brian