This bothered me as well, but I reasoned that it is in order to use
the tentative link-local address. Even if there is a duplicate
address, no harm will be done.

Gerrit

On 12 Aug 2004 at 12:50, Grubmair Peter wrote:

> For Duplicate address dedection RFC2462,
> a node must join the solicitated-node-multicast
> address before Duplicate Address dedection.
> For verifying link-local address, this will mean, that
> only a tentative link-local address is available.
> I would like to know, which source address shall
> be used in MLD Report, as RFC2710 requires a link-local
> address, but the link-local address is in state tentative and
> must not be used. Is the unspecified address considered to be link-local ?
> Thanks in advance
>    Peter

Gerrit van Niekerk
GP van Niekerk Ondernemings BK
Roosstraat 211, Meyerspark, 0184, South Africa
Tel: +27(12)8036501 Fax: +27(12)8034131
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.gpvno.co.za