In your previous mail you wrote:

   >    1. Isn't the notion of "traffic selector" specific to IKEv2?  If so,
   >       should we explicitly say IKEv2 in the example?

   > => the term is but not the notion. In fact the notion is from the
   > architecture (RFC 2401) when SPD (Security Policy Database) entries
   > are described. IMHO this is a good example of what the proper terminology
   > can give, so why sulk it?

   I don't mind to use the term "traffic selector", but I'm wondering
   if it might be better to use IKEv2.

=> as the issue is generic we can use IKE or IKEv1 or IKEv2. I prefer
IKE because it will cover both IKEv1 and IKEv2 in minds.

   > => I don't know. Of course this is not ambiguous for me...
   > Perhaps it is time to get an advice from our security area director?

   Perhaps, but I don't know if we can expect an answer considering the
   silence so far...

=> we have to wait for an answer in any case (:-)...

Thanks

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

PS: for me as the editor you are the master for style details.