>> Yes - there are 9 instances in the body and 1 in the abstract and non-local
>> would be right for all these places I believe.

> Hmm, the changes are not small and could make the resulting text a bit
> vague, but this time I tend to agree on the change.

On the second thought, I suspect "non-local" is still confusing...even
though we are going to define the term as "an address which has a
larger scope than link-local," one might wonder if it includes
"unique local addresses" (when standardized) in the body of the
document.

I can think of two alternatives:

1. "non-link-local addresses".  This is perhaps verbose, but the
   meaning will be clearer.  But one may still wonder if those include
   the unspecified address, etc.
2. "large-scope addresses".  On one hand, this is perhaps more vague
   than "non-link-local".  But on the other, it will clearly exclude
   the unspecified address.

Are either or both alternatives better?  Or can we simply use
"non-local"?  Or are there any other options?

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.