On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Bound, Jim wrote:
> The flow label should not be part of the ICV because it is permitted to
> be rewritable enroute as long as it is delivered in tact E2E.  I say
> keep as it is today.  No other comment.

But it won't be possible to verify the AH enroute in any case (or are
you assuming that those who do the rewriting have the keying material
-- I'd be surprised to see such deployments), so it would still be
rewritable as long as it's reversed.

This is actually better because it would ensure that the flow label
would actually be reversed if rewritten (otherwise, some deployments
might be tempted to just rewrite it) because not doing so would fail
end-to-end AH.

But I see the problem with breaking existing implementations (and I
don't know how commonplace this is, and don't know the
interoperability assumptions), so I don't have strong preference on
this either way.