Hi Brian,
  Thanks for the comments. Please find my responses inline.

Regards
Suresh

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Brian Haberman wrote:

>Suresh,
>
>On Oct 7, 2004, at 20:39, Suresh Krishnan wrote:
>
>> Hi Brian and Francis,
>>   Thanks for your comments. I have made some changes to the draft to
>> address the issues you raised. Let me know if these changes are OK.
>>
>> * I have removed all references to MD5 in the document.
>
>I don't think you want to remove all references to MD5.  The
>document just doesn't need to mandate that MD5 be the only
>hash algorithm.

OK. Would it be fine fine if I retain the references to MD5 as is
and add the following text at the end of section 3.2

"The random interface identifier generation algorithm, as described in
this document, uses MD5 as the hash algorithm. The node MAY use another
algorithm instead of MD5 to produce the random interface identifier."

>> * I have added a reference to draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-ah-algorithms-02
>
>I don't think we want to do that.  This document is supposed to be
>going from PS to DS.  Adding a reference to an I-D will delay
>publication until all references are RFC's.  And if the above
>draft is Normative, it has to be at the same (DS) level.

Agreed. Since we are no longer mandating what algorithm to use, I will
remove this reference.

>> * I added the following paragraph about the hash algorithm
>>
>>   "The randomized interface identifier generation algorithm assumes
>> that
>>    the node is capable of running a hash algorithm which is capable of
>>    producing a 128 bit random value.  The selected hash algorithm
>> SHOULD
>>    follow the guidelines set forth in  [RANDOM] to ensure randomness
>of
>>    the result.  The node MAY use one of the hash algorithms specified
>> in
>>    [IPSECALGO] as these algorithms will be available on every IPv6
>>    compliant node"
>>

>See my comment above about Normative references and my initial
>recommendation to make a reference to 1750 Informative.

Will do.