On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Brian Haberman wrote:
    This starts a 2 week IPv6 working group last call on advancing:

        Title           : IP Version 6 over PPP
        Author(s)       : S. Varada, et al.
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-01.txt
        Pages   : 15
        Date            : 2004-6-9

to Draft Standard.  Substantive comments should be directed to the
mailing list.  Editorial comments can be sent to the document editor.
This last call will end on November 16, 2004.

My comments from Aug 1 still apply:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg03119.html

There was some discussion about this at the meeting, which unfortunately isn't minuted, but I dimly recall at least Jari Arkko suggesting that maybe the nodes might use some hints e.g. based on the link-layers used or the like. Works for me as long as those are robust enough..

In any case, this seems to need a bit of tweaking.