Folks,

Just to make sure this issue is addressed, I think we can allow
routers to either respond with a unicast or multicast RA in the
case where an RS without SLLAO is received. It seems like there
are different cases where multicast would make more
sense than unicast (or at least implementers chose to do so) and
vice versa. So, unless someone sees a need to mandate a certain
response, I think we should allow both behaviours. If there are no
objections I'll add that to the draft.

Obviously in the case of unicast RA, address resolution will take
place first, resulting in the creation of an NCE. If multicast RA, then
there will be no need for address resolution or creating NCE.

Hesham

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
 of the intended recipient.  Any review or distribution by others is strictly
 prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender
 and delete all copies.