Pekka,

Comments inline..

> (Btw, maybe we could add "This document Updates RFC 2780." in the
> Introduction, satisfying Allison's that particular comment.)

Another thread going on about this.  Please see my
mail and respond to my comments :)

> Now that there is a document which describes how to deal with ICMPv6
> and IPsec, this document should probably have as small amount of
> normative text on IPsec as possible.
>
> Some informal text, helping the ICMPv6 implementers to understand the
> IPsec processing issues, should be still OK.

I agree.  The knob of whether unauthenticated ICMP packets
should be accepted or dropped also falls under IPsec module
while implementing.  So why should ICMP implementors be
worried about this.

I will try to modify the text in that section so that
it just provides information and points to the IPsec
RFCs for detailed processing.

> > If providing this knob is a requirement for ONLY IPsec
> > implementors, why are we mentioning it (as a MAY requirement)
> > in the ICMPv6 draft ?
>
> Let's remove the mention.

Yeah I also think that it should be removed.

> Yes, though it has to be worded carefully as not to be seen as a red
> flag. It should probably be stated like:
>
>   "IPsec RFCs describe the IPsec processing, including ICMPv6
> messages"
>
> instead of:
>
>   "IPsec processing of ICMPv6 messages is described in IPsec RFCs"
>
> (IMHO, the latter may confuse the reader to think that IPsec
> processing of ICMPv6 messages should be described in _this_ spec and
> IPsec specs should be a normative reference.)

Makes sense.  I will keep this in mind while updating the text.

Regards
Mukesh