> From: JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]>
>
> In fact, RFC2461 is already pretty clear that such a prefix MUST be
> ignored:
>
>        If the sum of the prefix length and interface identifier length
>        does not equal 128 bits, the Prefix Information option MUST be
>        ignored.  An implementation MAY wish to log a system management
> (Section 5.5.3, bullet d).

Then, I suppose I will technically correct, if I just declare, that on
my own ethernet at home I can have identifier length = 56, and
announce prefix length = 72. It's local implementation issue. :-)

> rfc2462bis will even make this point clearer, with an attempt of
> clarifying the consistency between the address architecture RFC and
> link-specific RFCs wrt the appropriate prefix length.

Why do such limiting change? It only gives users more configuration
options. I don't mind it being by default 64+64, but it does not need
to be mandated.