Hi Abid,

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:56:54 +0500
"Abid Ghufran" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am helping someone do an MS thesis. For that it is required to have a
> "generic network model" over which to simulate various transport mechanisms.
>
> Among all the documents specifying IPv6, is there any set of documents,
> which could be used to come up with a generic network model, including
> parameters/elements which later on, could be adapted according to the
> specifics of IPv4 and/or IPv6.

Vint Cerf's "THE CATENET MODEL FOR INTERNETWORKING", available at

http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/ien/ien48.txt

might be a possible starting point for your generic networking model.

You may already have it if you are a copy of the RFC archive, it is in
the "ien" subdirectory, located below where all the RFCs are.

Regards,
Mark.

--

    The Internet's nature is peer to peer.