> On page 25 of 2662bis 07 draft the difficulties for loopback and dad
> are explainded.
> Maybe dedection of loopbacks (of NS) could be supported by adding
> a new option either as NS option or as destination header option.
> This option should carry a random identifier of sufficient length.
> All packets having an address assigned to the interface (or unspecified
> address)
> as IPv6 source address and carrying the option with the specified own
> identifier would be discarded as loopbacks.

(In case you're proposing something as a part rfc2462bis)

Ideas something like this have been proposed several times.  I don't
remember the conclusion of the discussion on each one of them, but, in
any event, this is clearly beyond the scope of rfc2462bis.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.