(Sorry for being too late response)

I am really not sure why this thread is moved to *meta thought*.
When I wrote this document, I originally thought this task was
our explicit consensus to be a seperated document from 2462bis.
Am I missing anything ? I don't think so.

See below link (October 2004)
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg03799.html

It would have been nice if you said your comment at that time.

As you mentiond, simplicity is also good aspect and we (all author)
was trying to make this document as simple as we can. If we feel it
so heavy, we will make it more concise than now.

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Platform Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.