We need to agree on requirements before we try to engineer solutions.
Here is what I've heard as requirements:

1) Ability to indicate to a host "DHCP is not available on this link",
   with the expectation that the host won't send any DHCP messages

2) Ability for a host to get all desired and available DHCP
   configuration with a single DHCP message exchange
   - if a host wants HCB, it sends an HCB request (Solicit) and receives
     HCB and/or ICB replies
   - if a host wants ICB, it sends an ICB request (Information-request)
     and receives ICB replies

1 is a requirement in scenarios with limited resources (e.g., wireless),
where polling for DHCP is unacceptable.  2 is a requirement to avoid
timeout delays or other complexity in getting ICB reply when host would
prefer HCB reply.

Comments?

- Ralph