I was thinking of something along the lines of:

...joining and leaving the solicited-node multicast group SHOULD be done using MLD v1 [MLD] or v2 {RFC3810]. Section 8 of [RFC3810] explains how nodes using MLDv1 and MLDv2 can coexist on a link.

Elwyn

Soliman, Hesham wrote:

> This is a very purist view. Even if you don't tell them > what to do, at > least give them a hint that they ought to think about the issue.
> I suggest you put in a pointer to s.8 of 3810.

=> I don't think there is a problem with adding a hint. The issue
is 2461bis is not the right place for it. I guess whoever updates
3810 in future can consider this point. For now I think it's
sufficient to add a reference in 2461bis.

Hesham