Hi Samita,

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

> > I think specifying IPV6_PREFER_DST_XXX doesn't have any meaning,
> > because the destination address has already been chosen in
> > getaddrinfo().
>
> Are you suggesting to drop all the IPV6_PREFER_DST_*SCOPE socket-option
> flags ?  I'll discuss this with my co-authors of this draft.

Yes, that is what I meant.

> Does any implementor in this list have any objection on dropping
> the above socket option?

Though I only know the internal implementation of BSD networking
systems, at least we don't need those socket options (related to
choosing a destination address) for the BSD systems.

I don't know other implementations.  I'm not sure if there are any
implementations which can utilize those socket options.  I think
inputs from other implementors should be helpful.

Regards,
---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
KAME Project <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>