Hi Marcelo,

----- Original Message -----
From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Saturday, August 13, 2005 0:50 am
Subject: Re: Solutions for distributing RFC 3484 address selection
policies
> Hi Greg,
>
> El 12/08/2005, a las 2:14, Greg Daley escribió:
> > Is this what people want to use the proposed option for, though?
> > Or are they just interested in providing an information service
> about> the advertised prefixes?
> >

> I guess that it also would make sense to provide label/preference
> information about destination prefixes/addresses i.e. not only
> providing information about the prefixes available in the link,
> but  also about remote prefixes

I don't have a ready-made solution for that one, since although
there are proposals for route information options in IPv6 ND,
They only have 6 bits free (in two blocks of 3 bits).

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-router-selection-
07.txt

I'd guess in that case, only the label would be required, since
the routing destination already has its own preferences (for
routing purposes though, not destination address selection...)

Greg