Hi,

This is a very good question, more details can be found in this draft
that is currently in RFC Ed. queue:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsop-ipv6-dns-configurat
ion-06.txt

Also see: RA-based mechanism (personal submission):
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery
-05.txt

Furthermore, many OS'es (e.g. Symbian, according to my understanding
also Microsoft, ...) implement well-known site-local addresses (as a
last resort mechanism) for IPv6 DNS discovery, see e.g.:
http://www.tahi.org/conformance/ct-profile-host/dd/DDWellKnown.html
 fec0:000:0000:ffff::1
 fec0:000:0000:ffff::2
 fec0:000:0000:ffff::3