From: Elwyn Davies [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 13:15
To: Pashby, Ronald W CTR NSWCDD-B35
Cc: Brian Haberman; IPv6 WG
Subject: Re: IPv6 WG Last Call:
<draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-name-lookups-12.txt>

In the light of the previous discussion I had with Ron on this subject,
it occurs to me that it would address Ron's issue if responders joined
both the old 32 bit and the Solicited Node related multicast addresses.
Queriers that are worried about real time issues can use the new
Solicited Node related address and the 32 bit address could be
deprecated.  Configuration could allow the old address to be switched
off if a network has multicast resource issues in routers.

Regards,
Elwyn