In your previous mail you wrote:

   > => good summary: now you have to prove a new extension header is
   > reallynecessary!
   ==>There are many measurement methodologies, each has its own information
   carried on packets. So it is necessary to provide a infrastructure for
   these methodologies based on ipv6. Using this extended header, we can
   perform the measurement without modify the packet. So it is a good idea.

=> I don't understand at all why this argument doesn't apply to options!

   ==>Yes, if there are only measurement options in destination header,

=> usually there is no destination header (in fact no extension
header at all) so this hypothesis is right (:-).

   it may same as extended header when processing it. But if there are
   lots kinds of options, each module should check every option to see
   whether it should process the option.

=> be serious please: in all the codes I've seen (including mine) the
option processing is vectorized or in a C switch, i.e., the cost is
an indirect or direct indexed branch.

   It may exhaust more time.

=> for next header it is always vectorized.

   I think that we have the same idea, but there are some little differences.

=> the main difference is we are only using options...

Regards