> I think Roy Fielding has expressed the URI side of this
> story way more succinctly than I could ever do. I fully
> agree with him. Below a few additional points.

Overall, his argument seems something like "this one is not fully
deployed so fixing this side should be easier; that one has already
been fully deployed and will never change".  While I respect the
deployment status of the URI standard, I simply don't think this kind
of argument solves the issue.

In summary, I showed (why I think) the proposed format is very
inconvenient for users and I'm now asking whether there are serious
(possible) users of the proposed format despite the inconvenience.  If
they are, I won't make further objection, and both the users and the
URI community will be happy.

The difficult problem will only arise when there are serious users who
want to use link-local addresses in URIs but cannot accept the
inconvenience of the proposed format.  But I don't think we've not
reached that stage.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.