From: Mohacsi Janos [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 25, 2005 4:11 PM
To: Vishwas Manral
Cc: Pekka Savola; ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: RE: IPv6 and Tiny Fragments

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Vishwas Manral wrote:

Hi Pekka,

That sounds good. We seem to be coming from different direction but to
the same thing.

I however would prefer to be closer to 800, to allow more levels of
encapsulation, especially the first header.

I do not agree with Mohacsi because the 1280 limit will not allow
further encapsulations, without fragmentation.

What further encapsulation are you referering to? If I would be a
implementer and I would have to pass packets bigger than MTU.
I would take as much content as I can into the first fragmented packet
and
so on until there is content left. I would use fragment at least minimum

MTU (size >1280).

Pekka, besides the RFC does not state how we treat M flag as 0 and
fragment Offset as 0?

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 00F9AF98: 8645 1312 D249 471B DBAE  21A2 9F52 0D1F 00F9 AF98

Thanks,
Vishwas