A draft standard can't have a normative reference to a proposed
standard.

I believe the options are:
a) remove the problematic text from 2461bis and don't replace it with
anything (i.e., be silent on the issue).  I'm not sure what the state
of 4311 changes to then, since it's updating an obsoleted RFC.
b) replace the text with a note that is classified as an
informative reference to 4311.
c) replace the text with the 2 paragraphs from 4311, and have 2461bis
also obsolete 4311.  This doesn't yet qualify per Draft Standard rules
so I don't think this option is really viable without delaying 2461bis.

I believe Hesham is suggesting (b), and if appropriate text can be
constructed I would support this.

-Dave