Hi all,

This is a mini concensus call on the discussion I had with Jinmei below.

The basic issue left is whether we should allow a node to send an ICMP error
due to the reception of an NA without the SLLAO. The reason for sending the
ICMP error is to inform upper layers that the communication has failed.

The current spec says that such message SHOULD be silently discarded
(see section 7.2 and section 7.2.5 in
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-2461bis-05.txt).

However, it would be useful to inform upper layers of such failures. ICMP is
the
natural choice for transmitting the error message.

Implementing this feature would be optional and should not have problems with
backward
compatibility. I don't know if this would be considered a substantive change to
the current
spec. IMHO it can easily pass as a clarification.

Please express your opinion on whether we could add this clarification to the
spec or
keep it as is.

Hesham