On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 10:56:39PM -0500, Joe Abley wrote:
> >In fact, I could think of a lot of things. Which is why you don't
> >want to build the magic numbers in as compile options or hardware
> >offsets, but rather learn them from the route database actually
> >advertised to you.
>
> I think also it's good advice not to assume that what you see on the
> v6 Internet today is any indication of what you might see in (say) 5
> years time. RIR assignment policies change; as/if substantial
> commercial/production traffic moves to v6, that will cause additional
> pressures.

And then there is ADDRARCH [RFC4291] saying:

   Except for the knowledge of the subnet boundary discussed in the
   previous paragraphs, nodes should not make any assumptions about the
   structure of an IPv6 address.

Regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0