I am not sure the collision approach is practical, and even if it is the
description needs more detail. This approach assumes that an implementation
will know that the wrong node has been reached when there are multiple
systems that are trying to create the same string, then back off and try
again on the incremented IID. I am not aware of any system that will retry
256 times before giving up, and even if they did it is not clear how they
know they reached the wrong node. As long as the dst port is open the only
way would be a higher layer crypto check, or a user recognized error.
Neither will cause the stack to retry.

The entire discussion about making this work over distance needs to be
removed. The collision section should be simplified to just have the user
change the hash input string when there is a collision. This is practical
when the use case is local ad-hoc. The logic for having part of the address
be typed in as hex and part as a string is just broken, so all references to
remote use need to go.

Tony