Hi,

We (me and George Neville-Neil) haveve just submitted an I-D on type 0 routing header processing. In the meantime, it's available here:

http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/ietf/draft-savola-ipv6-rtheader-00.txt

Its approach is "disable by default, but type 0 routing header is still a part of a compliant IPv6 implementation". It identifies other potential approaches as well as well as lists some open issues.

Joe's draft suggests deprecating type 0, so these are somewhat different starting points. Both seemed to gain significant support in the WG, so I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to have two drafts. That way the WG can probably choose better which approach to pursue.

[[ Personally I don't have a strong opinion whether we should disable or deprecate. Any rough consensus works for me.. ]]