Hi Vishwas,

Le 4 juin 07 à 04:20, Vishwas Manral a écrit :

> The idea is that for every router the packet goes through, we need to
> check the IP address of all the interface addresses, and make sure
> that the none of the interface address either before or after in the
> source routing header match any of the IP address of the packet.

Can you tell me if I understand correctly by commenting that example:
for every packet that includes a Routing Header with something like
88 addresses in it (feasible with a 1500 PMTU), a router with 5
addresses will check every address it is configured with against
those 88 ones (440 comparisons). With 100 Mbit/s of traffic, the
router can see almost 9000 such packets per second. Where I come is
that it will have to perform something like 4 millions IPv6 address
comparison per sec, and in slow path. Is that correct ?

Regards,

a+

-- Arnaud Ebalard
EADS Innovation Works - IT Sec Research Engineer
PGP KeyID:047A5026 FingerPrint:47EB85FEB99AAB85FD0946F30255957C047A5026