Hi,

Le 7 juin 07 à 01:31, Tony Hain a écrit :

> There is no 'amplification', so the abstract is just wrong.
No, you are wrong. At least, read that :

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg07331.html

> The best this can do is route a single stream around policy;
Again, wrong.

> and for some the ability to route around the brokenness of an ISP
> in anti-competitive mode is a value, not a drawback.
Can you point us to the tool/device you are using to do that.

> The crap in the document about an anycast destination being
> an amplification shows how little understanding
And your sentence little reading of the document.

> Anycast == 'unicast to the nearest instance'
RH0 mechanism allows people to bypass that.

>  again I say the hysteria needs to stop.
True

> There is no reason to preclude nodes from processing RH0 packets.
> If you
> have to say something say that 'hosts must not forward' else they
> become
> routers. [...]
Already said. *BSD did it wrong, but that's just a tiny part of the
whole story.

Cheers,

a+

-- Arnaud Ebalard
EADS Innovation Works - IT Sec Research Engineer
PGP KeyID:047A5026 FingerPrint:47EB85FEB99AAB85FD0946F30255957C047A5026