Le vendredi 15 juin 2007, Manfredi, Albert E a écrit :
> > Hence, if such filtering becomes even occasionaly common on the
> > open Internet, MIPv6 will become unusable/undeployable in practice.
>
> If you mean ISPs, I agree. If you mean home nets, it doesn't matter
> so much. The home user can simply be informed that mobile IPv6 won't
> work with the default configuration (assuming default blocks all RH >
> 0 too). And he can be told to "check this box if you want to support
> mobile IP in your home network."

Well no. The whole point is that if someone else does Mobile IPv6
*OUTSIDE* your network, but happens to be willing to contact you, it
breaks. Besides, it is well known that most users (and probably even
admins) are not capable of making any wise choice on such a technical
question.

So MIP6 *will* become undeployable if RH is blocked in even a small
portion of the Internet.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/