From: Joe Abley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 10:01 AM
To: Azinger, Marla
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; ipv6@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ppml] Why ULA-* will not harm the DFZ

On 11-Jul-2007, at 12:43, Azinger, Marla wrote:

> I am not surprised that conservation isn't the number one
> priority.  I just don't think its wise to ignore conservation.  We
> cant predict Ipv6 consumption and we don't even know what will
> exist for technology in the future that will require IP Addresses.

I think with 128 bits there's a middle ground between ruthless
conservation and "a /48 for every fridge"

But I guess my point was really that we shouldn't necessarily expect
to guess right first time, every time, and it's nice to have some
latitude to be able to make decisions in a finite timescale rather
than deferring decisions for ever out of fear that they might be wrong.

Joe