At Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:36:50 -0400,
"Bernie Volz (volz)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There are really two parts to this:
> 1. Is DAD for the link-local done when an interface "reconnect" is
> detected? This may be required before multicasting the Confirm.
> 2. Is DAD for done for the global addresses (AFTER a successful
> indication from a DHCPv6 Confirm is received, since there's no point to
> do it before as the client doesn't know yet whether the addresses are
> invalid)?
>
> I'm not sure that this is a DHCP question ... Probably should be
> directed at the IPv6 WG?

I don't think it's a DHCPv6 question, either.  The real question is
whether a host should perform DAD when it detects a possible change of
attached link.  Referring to Section 18.1.2 of RFC3315, those case
would include:

   o  The host (client) reboots.
   o  The host (client) is physically connected to a wired connection.
   o  The host (client) returns from sleep mode.
   o  The host (client) using a wireless technology changes access points.

I think it's reasonable to perform DAD for at least some of these
cases, but as far as I know no specification explicitly requires that.

                                        JINMEI, Tatuya
                                        Communication Platform Lab.
                                        Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.