Dear 6man and dhc folks,

Bernie Volz and I published an internet draft to clarify handling of M & O
flags of IPv6 RA.
In this draft, we address operational problems regarding handling of M & O
flags of RA in existing documents as below.
i) There is no method to revoke the operation of a DHCPv6 client invoked by
IPv6 RA flags.
ii) Per-interface state variables regarding availability of the DHCPv6 service
cannot be maintained consistently in case that inconsistent M & O flags are
contained in RAs sent by different routers.
To solve these problems, this document describes a handling scheme of M & O
flags in RA messages. which consists of an algorithm for the management of
per-interface state variables and options regarding how these variables can be
utilized to revoke DHCPv6 clients.

Please refer to the following URL.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cha-ipv6-ra-mo-00.txt

We welcome any comments.

Thank you in advance.

Joseph HyunWook Cha

Software Engineer
Network System Division
SAMSUNG Electronics, Inc.

  If you do not stand firm in your faith,
  you will not stand at all.  - Isaiah 7:9