I've submitted a revision of the I-D below, and would be keen to see some discussion on this list as to whether this could solve the perceived problem that some tunnel protocols do not wish to employ the UDP checksum as specified in RFC 2460.

I would like to present this short draft in Stockholm, but would appreciate feedback before the meeting from anyone with comments or thoughts on this topic.

Best wishes,

gorry

The UDP Tunnel Transport mode
draft-fairhurst-6man-tsvwg-udptt-01
Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 16
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fairhurst-6man-tsvwg-udptt-01

Abstract:
This document proposes a standards track protocol called the UDP
Tunnel Transport.  This protocol updates the UDP processing of RFC
2460 for hosts and routers.  The update enables a sender to generate
a UDP datagram where the UDP checksum is replaced by a header check
determined only by the protocol header information.  For this use,
the document also updates the way the IPv6 UDP length field is
interpreted.  This mode is intended to minimise the processing cost
for the transport of tunnel packets using UDP.