On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, JINMEI Tatuya / ???? wrote:
I'm afraid "has not been implemented" is too strong.  In fact, we have
"implemented" it in the KAME/BSD IPv6 stack in that we implemented
special restrictions (at that time) on anycast addresses and had
experimentally assigned subnet-router anycast addresses on PC-based
IPv6 routers.  In general, it's difficult to declare something hasn't
been implemented because it eliminates any minor implementation
activity, which is almost impossible to prove.

I agree that the wording is a bit strong, and I'm ok with weakening it, but I've yet to see an implementation that enables it by default or even by an enable/disable configuration directive.

AFAIK, on KAME/BSD it's "implemented" in such a fashion that the operator must manually configure it with "ifconfig". I wouldn't call that "implemented" myself. At least on my FreeBSD 7.2 router, subnet router anycast address isn't configured automatically and I don't even see system configuration parameters (e.g. in init scripts) which would change this.