In your previous mail you wrote:

   When coding it, the "::" string is part of the code.

=> about "::" I believe I have the anteriority:
 - I sent a mail in the early days of IPv6 about "::" asking it would
  be given as an example in the addressing draft (an address without
  a digit could be a bit surprising)
 - as I am French the French law (here the Bern Treaty) applied to
  my message (before arguing about this the French law includes too
  a special feature against silly suing so lawyers have no interest :-)

BTW I don't understand your concern with the BSD code license, it is
not an exclusive license in its default form (as far as I know only
OpenSSL includes an exclusive BSD license for the SSLeay inherited part).

Regards

francis.dup...@fdupont.fr