Hi Fred,

In your reply,
> They not only come from MAC addresses, but from random number
> generators...

I didn't understand "They" apply to 64-bit of link_local address or
64-bit of autoconf/dhcp address or both?

What I understood is:
RFC 3972 contradicts with RFC 2464.

Or both the methods are correct for ETHERNET for Link-local and autoconf
addresses?

RFC 4291 asks to refer the Link layer specific RFC for the 64-bit Interface Id
of the link-local address - which is 2464 (for Ethernet).

So thats the confusion I have.

Or
the RFC 3972 doesn't apply to the 64-bits of the Link-local addresses, but it
applies to 64-bit of the addresses configured via DHCPv6
and/or stateless auto-conf RFCs 3315, 4862?

Regards,
Parav Pandit