Hi,

I don't understand a specific point in DAD procedure specified in RFC
4862. In section 5.4.3, it is said:

5.4.3. Receiving Neighbor Solicitation Messages

[snip]

   If the source address of the Neighbor Solicitation is the unspecified
   address, the solicitation is from a node performing Duplicate Address
   Detection.  If the solicitation is from another node, the tentative
   address is a duplicate and should not be used (by either node).

But I must admit I don't see how the another node would be aware of
the tentative address is a duplicate.
Indeed, as the first node has to stop DAD after the another node's NS
message reception, this first node should not send new NS messages
with the same tentative address and so the another node should
validate this address ...

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.