Thanks for writing this draft. I've read it and had a few comments:

The purpose of this document is to standardize IPv6 Router
Advertisement (RA) option for DNS configuration in IPv6 hosts
specified in [RFC5006] and also to define a new RA option for Domain
Name Search lists.

Maybe: ... specified in an earlier experimental specification [RFC5006] and ...

It is infeasible for nomadic hosts, such as laptops, to be configured
manually with a DNS resolver each time they connect to a different
wireless LAN (WLAN) such as IEEE 802.11 a/b/g [IEEE-802.11]
[IEEE-802.11a][IEEE-802.11b][IEEE-802.11g].  This document defines a
mechanism based on IPv6 RA options to allow IPv6 hosts to perform the
automatic DNS configuration.  As an alternative to the DNS
configuration provided by DHCP [RFC3315][RFC3736][RFC3646], the RA-
based DNS configuration can allow network operators or users to
select an appropriate automatic DNS configuration for IPv6 hosts,
depending on the types of their networks [RFC4339].

This rationale has several issues. First, I'm not sure the listing of different radio types is really relevant here. Second, there are multiple ways of handling the manual DNS configuration, such as doing it once, not per network. Finally, I do not think the explanation of the differences of this vs. DHCP approach really capture the essential reasons why we believes good standardize this mechanism.

I would suggest the following paragraph instead.

"It is infeasible to manually configure nomadic hosts each time they connect to a different network. While a one-time static configuration is possible it is generally not desirable on general purpose hosts such as laptops. For instance, locally defined name spaces would not be available to the host if it were to run its own name server software directly connected to the global DNS. The DNS information can also be provided through DHCP [RFC3315][RFC3736][RFC3646]. However, access to DNS is a fundamental requirement for almost all hosts, and stateless IPv6 autoconfiguration cannot stand on its own as an alternative deployment model in any practical network without support for DNS configuration. These issues are not pressing in dual stack networks as long as a DNS server is available on the IPv4 side, but become more critical with the deployment of IPv6-only networks. As a result, this document defines a mechanism based on IPv6 RA options to allow IPv6 hosts to perform the automatic DNS configuration."

   RA-based DNS configuration is a useful alternative in networks where
   an IPv6 host's address is autoconfigured through IPv6 stateless
   address autoconfiguration, where the delays in acquiring server
   addresses and communicating with the servers are critical, or where
   the network operator or host operator does not want the additional
   operational complexity of running DHCPv6 to provide the same
   information to all hosts on the network.

Overselling the point. And missing some. And I'm not convinced about any delay issues. I would just say this:

  RA-based DNS configuration is a useful alternative in networks where
  an IPv6 host's address is autoconfigured through IPv6 stateless
  address autoconfiguration, and where there is either no DHCPv6
  infrastructure at all or some hosts do not have a DHCPv6 client.
  The intention is to enable full configuration basic networking
  information for hosts without requiring DHCPv6. However,
  when in many networks some additional information needs to
  be distributed, and those networks are likely to employ DHCPv6.
  In these networks RA-based DNS configuration may not be needed.

  This can be
   beneficial in some mobile environments, such as with Mobile IPv6
   [RFC3775].

Maybe. Mobile can also be like VPN in the sense that you want your home environment and home DNS visible. I would just strike this sentence, because full treatment of the topic will be more complicated than this simple claim.

To order the RA and DHCP approaches, the O (Other stateful configuration) flag can be used in the RA message [RFC4861].

To order? As in sequencing them, or as in requesting their use? But the RA options cannot be negotiated, you will always send them, and I presume, always accept information, no?

 Based on the definition of the O flag above, if RA options for DNS
   configuration are included in the RA messages, an IPv6 host may
   perform another DNS configuration through DHCPv6 only when the O flag
   is set.  On the other hand, if no RA options for DNS configuration
   are included in the RA messages, an IPv6 host may perform DNS
   configuration through DHCPv6 regardless of whether the O flag is set
   or not.

And I do not understand the need to talk about the M and O options in Section 1.2 at all. I know I will not enjoy yet another instance of the M&O bit discussion on this document. But I fail to see what changes with respect to the M&O bits in this document. This is RFC 4861 domain, for better or worse. And I'm not sure RFC4339 really gives any useful rules, at least in the normative sense. I would just say:

Two protocols exist to configure the DNS information on a host, the Router Advertisement options described in this document and the DHCPv6 options described in [RFC3646]. They can be used together. The rules governing the decision to use stateful configuration mechanisms are specified in RFC 4861. Hosts conforming to this specification MUST extract DNS information from Router Advertisement messages, unless static DNS configuration has been specified by the user. If there is DNS information available from multiple Router Advertisements and/or from DHCP, the host MUST maintain an ordered list of this information as specified in Section 5.3.1.

This is for two reasons for the new option, the
   first is to maintain parity with the DHCPv6 options for DNS
   configuration [RFC3646], so that RA and DHCPv6 do not unnecessarily
   diverge and so that RA can provide the same DNS configuration as
   DHCPv6.  The second reason is that a Domain Search List is useful to
   support multi-homed hosts querying DNS servers which provide
   different answers [ID-savolainen].

There are functional differences to providing the domain as well, e.g., resolving local names. I would just say:

"This is to maintain parity with the DHCPv6 options and to ensure that there is necessary functionality to determine the search domains."

   Existing ND transport mechanisms (i.e., advertisements and
   solicitations) are used.  This works in the same way that hosts learn
   about routers and prefixes.  An IPv6 host can configure the IPv6
   addresses of one or more RDNSSes via RA messages periodically sent by
   a router or solicited by a Router Solicitation (RS).

But this draft -- I hope -- does not change the overall messaging, e.g., you would not send extra solicitations. I would just say:

"Existing ND message, Router Advertisement is used to carry this information. An IPv6 host can configure the IPv6 addresses of one or more RDNSSes via RA messages."

   When the IPv6 host has gathered a sufficient number of RDNSS
   addresses (or DNS search domain names), it MAY ignore additional
   RDNSS addresses (or DNS search domain names) within an RDNSS (or
   DNSSL) option and/or additional RDNSS (or DNSSL) options within an
   RA.

I would specify a minimum required number of supported addresses.

   o  RDNSS address for DNS Server List: IPv6 address of the Recursive
      DNS Server, which is available for recursive DNS resolution
      service in the network advertising the RDNSS option; such a
      network is called "site" in this document.

   o  DNSSL domain name for DNS Search List: DNS suffix domain names,
      which is used to perform DNS query searches for short, unqualified
      domain names in the network advertising the DNSSL option; such a
      network is called "site" in this document.

Text duplication, and I don't think you actually use the term site in this sense elsewhere in the document.

   Note:  An RDNSS address or a DNSSL domain name MUST be used only as
      long as both the RA router lifetime and the option lifetime have
      not expired.  The reason is that the RDNSS may not be currently
      reachable, that the DNSSL domain name is not valid any more, or
      that these options do not provide service to the host's current
      address (e.g., due to network ingress filtering
      [RFC2827][RFC5358]).

... and as long as you are still attached to this network.

Missing things:

I think the Section 5.3.1 rules on maintaining the list need to be more explicit about getting information from multiple sources. E.g., if you get plenty from one RA maybe you should keep some from that and some from DHCP, as opposed to throwing away everything from DHCP...

I wonder if some of the steps from Section 6 of this draft should be in earlier sections as normative behaviour requirements.

Jari

P.S. What would it take to make rdnssd a part of the default Linux distribution? Its currently a separate piece that must be installed...