Hello,

As far as I understand, the attack in §2.1 requires that the victim processes
an IPv4 packets whereby both source and destination are equal to a local
assigned address. Any sane IPv4 stack will reject such a packet, unless it
comes from the loop back.

The user (or 'root') could still inject such a packet. But that amounts to
shooting oneself in the foot. And this won't have the devastating bandwidth
escalation effect from the USENIX paper - it will merely waste CPU cycles
looping back a packet.

The recommendation in §2.1.2 basically states that Teredo relays should not
exist. That would formally make Teredo an isolated IPv6 island. Then there's
not much point in Teredo.

As for the attack in §2.2, I think it was already discussed here:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg10801.html
But again, it seems to assume the IPv4 stack accepts packets with its own
source address yet coming from the outside.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/